See "Emerald Chronometer FREE" for a free demo of this app with an in-app purchase.
These 21 models of high-end mechanical watch faces contain many of the most complex "complications" found in real watches, plus refinements found nowhere else. All displays maintain the look and feel of real mechanical objects, but with the time and location accuracy of your online device.
- Highly accurate data that doesn't require network access
- Times of rise and set for the Sun, the Moon, and the 7 other planets
- The correct shape and orientation of the Moon in all phases but still using a mechanical display
- Relative positions of the Sun, Moon, 6 planets and the constellations of the zodiac
- "Compass functions" show the elevation and azimuth of the Sun, the Moon, and the 7 planets
- The Equation of Time, solar time and sidereal time
- Eclipse predictor (lunar node indicators and separation indicator)
- A unique face showing the rise and set times of all 5 classical planets plus the Sun and the Moon at once
- Day/date/month/year indicators, using mechanical wheels
- Local and UTC time
- Two world-time faces, one with 24-city ring on one side and the other with 4 subdials, both showing the time with correct DST offset at each location
- Calendar watch with rotating wheels showing a full month at a time
There are 21 faces in all, plus a demo face that shows all faces in an animated fashion.
A complete description of each application feature can be found in the built-in Help screens (viewable on your companion phone) and on the Emerald Sequoia LLC Web Site. A developer's blog may also be found at http://emeraldsequoia.com/esblog/ .